Monday, November 26, 2007

What if the Lord were really my Shepherd?

Here's a great exercise for the week. Why not join me and let me know if this is useful to you.

Quiet yourself and try to truly believe the ideas in Psalm 23:1-3. Picture this sheep who is surrounded by green pastures yet isn't on his feet munching away. This sheep is so full and satisfied that he contentedly lies down without even needing a bite. Move through the verses in a way such as this (fill in the blanks from the details of your life).

Lord, you really are my Shepherd today. Because of that, I really do have everything I need, even when it comes to _____________________. Lord, you will provide me with green pastures, even though I may not recognize them at first. I may think that what I need is missing, but it will be there. I'll figure that out faster if I rest (lie down) in God. The still waters are there for me to drink from any minute I need them. In certain events today, such as ____________________, I may need them frequently.
God, you are restoring my broken soul today. It is healthier than ever. When I become confused today, YOU will guide me in the right path. Again, I may not recognize it until later, but I can trust God's name, God's presence, and God's power in my life today.

4 comments:

Agent of Renewal said...

Most days I mediate on this psalm. Gold.

grace, dave

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.